I’m publishing this post right as fall is around the corner, but I believe it’s always time for pie, no matter the season! I brought this bourbon caramel apple pie with us to the lake to celebrate my dad’s birthday – and it was a hit! There are a few different recipes you’ll use for this pie, but all of them use simple ingredients that take less than 30 minutes to make.
Here’s the thing, I love to bake and cook! But overly complicated recipes stress me out. It’s one of the reasons why I have yet to tackle making macarons. *It’s on my 30 before 31 list though, I’m going to make it happen.* So you can know for sure that every recipe I publish here on the blog will taste delicious, will use simple ingredients, and will not be too complicated to make. If I can do it, you can too!
Hacks if you’re short on time:
- Purchase caramel sauce from the store (the higher quality the better)
- If you must… purchase a pre-made pie crust. But I promise you, my pie crust recipe will take you less than 30 minutes, is super easy, and you probably have all the ingredients already!
Bourbon Caramel Apple Pie
- 2 Simple Pie Crusts (unbaked!) http://breepair.com/simple-no-fail-pie-crust-3-ingredients
- 7-8 Granny Smith Apples
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest* *If you forget to buy a lemon, it's okay, I've made it without and it's still good.
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- Vanilla Ice Cream or Homemade Whipped Topping* *Optional, but delicious to add to the top of your pie!
- First, make your pie crust using the simple pie crust recipe.
- Then, make your bourbon caramel sauce following this recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 400°
- Peel your apples, slice them longways, and cut in half so they're in bite-size pieces.
- Add your apple pieces to a large mixing bowl.
- Add in all the rest of the ingredients to the apples, except for the caramel sauce, and mix it with a spoon until the apples are all well coated and the mixture is distributed evenly.
- Add your caramel sauce on top and mix until distributed evenly.
- Roll out your pie crust into your favorite pie dish, then gently pour your apple pie filling into the crust.
- Top your pie with remaining pie dough however you'd like, for the picture attached to this recipe I doubled the pie dough and put a layer over the top. Decorate it however you'd like!
- Bake for 30 minutes, then cover the top with foil so the crust doesn't burn.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm or chilled, topped with ice cream or whipped cream, and of course, a drizzle of the leftover bourbon caramel sauce.
Pin for later!
CLASSIC COMMENT BEGGING
If you like this recipe please leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @breepair or another platform.
It helps me to create better content so I know you would like to read more!