Well, friends, you know by now that I love baking desserts! And pie making is one of my favorite desserts to make. One of the keys to a good pie is a good pie crust. With this simple pie crust recipe, you’ll never be tempted to buy a pre-made crust again! I got my love of baking pies from my mom. Her pies are always delicious, and her pie crusts always look so beautiful. I am not going to lie to you, my pie crusts have a lot more character and are definitely on the rustic side, but they’re still freaking delicious!
Since she always made her pie crusts from scratch (I truly never remember her using store-bought), it’s made it so I can’t make a pie without making the crust. Especially when I know how easy it is! 3 ingredients, will take you less than 30 minutes, and tastes so much better than pre-made pie crust.
So, let’s get to it!
Simple No-Fail Pie Crust
- 1 ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Cold Butter or Shortening
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 4-5 Tbsp Water
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl with a pastry blender until mixture resembles small peas. Keep going and going! Build up them muscles, you got this.
- Sprinkle ice water, 1 Tbsp. at a time, over the surface of the mixture in the bowl, stir with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened. I put water over ice and leave it next to me in a cup, and then measure out one tablespoon and drizzle it in at a time.
- Shape your dough into a ball, cover in saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out your pie dough into the shape of your pie pan, and then follow the instructions for your pie!
Pin for later!
CLASSIC COMMENT BEGGING
If you like this recipe please leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @breepair or another platform.
It helps me to create better content & I know you would like to read more!