Everytime fall comes around I always want pumpkin pumpkin pumpkin! I found this recipe via Hungry Girl, they were called Yum Yum Brownie Muffins. And you make them with Devils food cake mix instead of what I use to make them pumpkin. So I have adapted it to fit my fall pumpkin cravings.
These muffins have become a tradition in my home, as I have been making them for the past few years every fall. But ever since 2 years ago, this October, these muffins have made me remember a very special person that left us far too young.
2 years ago in October, we lost a really good friend, and his name was Patrick. He was one of the nicest, caring, sweetest guys I have ever met. An amazing dad, and him and his wife had a marriage that Hubs and I both hope to have and strive to be like. Cancer took him away from us far too soon, and we miss him so much.
While Patrick was in the hospital, bills were piling up and money was becoming a big struggle for his wife and family. So I did a fundraiser for them, and I made these Pumpkin Muffins. I made them because 1) They are EASY to make! 2) Patrick and his family loved them!
So now everytime I make them, I always think of him, and pray for his family to have comfort during this time of the year when I know things must be so hard for them to deal with. If I get sad about it, I can’t imagine how they are feeling.
So that’s the story! And here is the recipe:
- Spice Cake Mix
- 15oz can of Pumpkin
* That is it! Do not add any other ingredients or they won’t turn out right! *
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Grease your muffin pan (this will make 12 regular sized muffins)
- Mix together your cake mix and pumpkin in a bowl
- Spoon mixture into the muffin mix, and smooth the tops a little with your finger so they don’t have spiky tops.
- Cook for 20 minutes and pull out IMMEDIATELY
- Let cool for a little bit, and serve warm, or when cool. They’re good either way!