Full transparency, for some reason admitting that I am now 30 didn’t freak me out near as much as writing this blog post title. Um, I will be 31… Why is that almost scarier? It’s like admitting, yep, I’m in my 30’s now.
If you missed my blog post all about my feelings on turning 30 you can head to this post. I have seen bloggers do lists like these before, “25 by 25,” “30 by 30,” etc. I have always wanted to do one but just haven’t sat down and thought about it. Well, here I am, 30 and getting shit done! So, let’s make a list.
I can’t set goals for myself for the next 10 years because my brain would probably explode.
However, here are some things I’d like to do before I turn 31:
- Make a 32 before 32 list
- Be able to run 30 minutes without stopping, and subsequentially without dying
- Expand my vocabulary! I feel like there are so many words in the English language and yet I don’t even use a small fraction of them. I’m not sure how I’m going to accomplish this yet, so if you have any recommendations I’m all ears!
- Build a table. Because I love DIY’s and also we need a few tables for our new home.
- Travel somewhere tropical, whether it’s a cruise or flying to The Bahamas, doesn’t matter as long as I get there.
- I would love to do a trip back to Seattle and have it purely be for a coffee experience. Trying out 10 different coffee places.
- Read 10 books
- Host a holiday party
- Pay off my car note
- Go tent camping
- Make Macarons (I am terrified of this because I have high macaron standards)
- Make a cheesecake (I am terrified of this and don’t know why!)
- Get an article published somewhere with a substantial readership
- Book a speaking gig
- Plant a flower garden
- Send more snail mail
- Print more pictures
- Design an ebook or magazine for myself
- Buy a pair of Madewell jeans
- Create more videos
- Practice hand-lettering on my iPad more
- Donate hand-knit/crochet hats to a charity in Minneapolis
- Create a piece of art for our home (lettering/abstract/any)
- Use a fake name at Starbucks (because, why not?)
- Make oat milk
- Attend a mastermind retreat
- Do 3 sets of 10 regular pushups
- Have a picnic
- Make Christmas treats for our neighbors
- Spent 48 hours without technology
So, have I inspired you to make a list of things you’d like to do or try before your next birthday? Anything on my list the same as what’s on yours?
If you found this post helpful, I would love it if you pinned it using the image below!
I really love numbers 5 and 6. Travelling isn’t definitely on my list, life is short, we have to enjoy it while we can.
Yes! Go for it, book a trip.
It’s always so good to have goals to achieve. Your list is inspiring. Good Luck.
Thank you! I hope it inspired you to add something to your own list.
I will help you with 12 & 15. :-)
YAY! Sounds good to me.