It was time for a ROAD TRIP! Friends called and said they were headed to Austin, so we jumped in the car as soon as Brannon got off work on Friday and headed there!
We had so much fun, and I am still re-couperating from the lack of sleep we got.
We got there around 7:30 Friday night, changed, and jumped on the bikes and headed downtown for dinner.
After dinner we biked down up a few streets to infamous 6th street. Walked around, and decided that 6th street is turning more and more into NOLA Bourbon Street, and wasn’t our cup of tea. o_0
So, we got back on our bikes and followed our crazy tour guide (Dustin- aka- IRON MAN- yes… he has done 2 iron mans). Please tell me why I decided I would try to keep up with an IRON MAN on a bike? … aie aie aie
Anyways, we headed up to South Congress and grabbed some amazing Ice Cream instead. Because really, ice cream vs. bourbon street? Yeah… we like ice cream better. :)
Guess which Ice Cream I got?
- Wake up call! Throw on clothes and jump on the bikes.
- Arrive at the famous Torchy’s Tacos Stand, because of course a taco is what you need for breakfast right?
- Jump on those bikes. No, you don’t have time to let your food digest, there are paddleboards to get to!
- Bike 30+ min, and try not to barf up those yummy tacos.
- Arrive at Paddle Board Rentals approx 12pm. Oh, hello heat.
- Paddle Board until after 2pm! Woop woop. Tons of fun on the water, but you gotta jump in a couple times cuz the heat got to you…. really bad. Yikes! Wait, why didn’t the we think to bring water with us? Crap. Lesson learned.
- Good thing you put on sunscreen, cuz man its hot! You start thinking about the other ppl on the water and hope they put some on!
- Jump back on the bikes!! Lets go find some A/C and a visor for me!
- Arrive at Lukes Locker, down a gatorade and some water like you’ve never seen it before, and rock that cute Nike Visor that you shoulda bought the day before.
- Head to Mexican Restaurant! Yum…. Guac, and bacon with chicken? What!!
- Stop in a shop, but realize you desperately need to take a break from the heat.
- Jump back on the bikes and head back to the townhouse.
- CRASH!!!! …. into bed that is. *whew* You thought I almost died didn’t ya? … I thought I did. :) ha!
- Shower! Gross, sweat, and sunscreen. No, I didn’t shower before sleeping, that’s how tired I was.
- Get ready for dinner. We are taking the car!! No more biking for this gal. Wiped the frick out!
- Yummy BBQ downtown Houston. <3 Then stopped into Urban Outfitters before driving back to the townhouse.
- We had all the intentions of getting Gourdoughs doughnuts, but when we passed by the truck the line was a block long! We’ll be back, they’re open ‘til 3am!
- Turn on a movie at the townhome and we all fall asleep. Gourdoughs, we’ll get ya next time!
The next morning we get up and pack up everything into the cars, then get in the car and head for breakfast. We stop at Joes for some ICED TURBO! Yummmmy coffee (tea for me – stomach was mad at me from the day before). Then we head on to South Congress Café and wait for our named to be called, this place was packed!