I have wavered back and forth with sharing any of this on the blog, because its really hard for me to talk about. I can a little bit, but If I talk about it to much it sends me into bad anxiety and not being able to eat. Which… makes the hubs really upset. However, if you came over to my house right now, you’d eat like a king and never know I wasn’t feeling good. I’ve made stuffed bell peppers, and a 4 layer paleo bacon and beef casserole. I’ve had bites of each and they’re delicious! That being said, I have a lot of food leftover and hubs is having a hard time eating it all. So come on over if you don’t want to cook!
So I texted my mom earlier this week and asked her for her Banana Bread Recipe, I had a bunch of bananas that were going bad, and I knew it was something I’d be able to eat. So I whipped up a double recipe of it while my cousin was over! We enjoyed a slice (or two) fresh out of the oven with cold butter *divine* and I sent her home with a loaf for her and her hubs to enjoy.
My advice? Eat a slice, or the whole loaf… while its still warm. Or put it in the microwave for 10 seconds. I’d love to see pictures if you make it- so tag me on IG @breepair.
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1⅓ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- *optional* ¼ cup nuts
- Preheat oven to 350
- Stir together flour, baking powder, soda, and ¾ tsp salt. Set Aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and shortening with electric mixer until light, scraping the sides of the bowl often.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and the milk, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and banana alternately to creamed mixture, beating until smooth after each addition.
- *optional* fold in nuts
- Pour batter into a lightly greased 8x4x2 inch loaf pan
- Bake at 350 for 60-65 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean
- Cool in pan 10 minutes
- Remove from pan, and try to let cool a little before you devour!
I have cried a lot the last few days, too. :(
I’m so glad you posted this, I want to make banana bread, I just don’t think I have a loaf pan. I’m so sorry it’s been tough on you! I miss you bunches! I was just thinking about you on my way to work this morning and missing hanging out with you. Hang in there and know I’m always here if you ever need to talk, vent, cry or whatever!