I have a confession for all of you beauty experts. I am super cheap when it comes to makeup/beauty purchases. While I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to purchase Urban Decay’s Naked Palette 2, I can’t get myself to pay the $52 price tag at the moment. Don’t worry. It’s on my list, but for now I am sticking to my cheaper products. And they’re working great. I just found a couple new eyeshadow colors that I’m obsessed with for fall, and I can’t imagine not using my covergirl lash blast.
1. Elf Liquid Eyeliner. $1.00. I don’t understand the pricing on their items…. but this stuff is awesome!! No clumps, goes on smooth, lasts all day long! I have always had a hard time using eyeliner because I want it thin just at the base of my eyelash, just adding some thickness to my lashes but not too dramatic. This stuff does the trick. And when I’m feeling daring I just make my line thicker!
2. FIT Maybeline Foundation. This stuff goes on so creamy and smooth, I don’t feel it at all. SPF 15, and there are so many different shades to choose from, you pick the right FIT for you.
3. Covergirl Lash Blast. I’ve been using this stuff for years. I’ve tried other brands and I always come back to this one. I love going to my sister’s bathroom and doing my makeup because she always has new stuff (check out her blog for her beauty favorites> The Girl with Glasses. But no matter how many of hers I try Covergirl Lash Blast is my favorite. No clumps, and makes my lashes full and long!
4. NYX Eyeshadow in Sahara. The perfect neutral with just a little bit of shimmer. I always tend to go for shimmers in my eyeshadows. I use this one every single day. I tend to use browns for accent colors but this also goes great with the next color…
5. NYX Eyeshadow in Copper. Love! I dared to try this color thanks to Jenna at The Life of the Wife. I am sooo glad she reccomended it and I took the plunge because I love it! It’s the perfect fall color, and I can either tone it down with my Sahara color, or make it bold with a black or brown shadow.
Have you tried any of these? Do you spend a lot of money on makeup products? If so, which ones do you recommend I try?
Happy Hump Day!
Elf products are awesome! Both makeup and the brushes. I recently received a sample of Benefit’s “They’re Real!” mascara, and I absolutely love it. Then I looked it up online to buy a full size product, and about had a heart attack – it’s over $20 for the mascara! That’s WAY too much for me. I might be trying the Lash Blast you suggested!
That mascara is my favorite! I need to buy a new one because I’m running out.
Also, that eyeliner is only a dollar!? I think need some new eyeliner too haha
I wish I could say Elf products are awesome. I gave their eyeliner a try and by mid day I wanted to claw my eyes out. I recently switched to Stila cosmetics and I absolutely love them, especially for my sensitive skin! It’s not cheap, but it lasts forever.
I need to try out these NYX eyeshadows!
i knowww! $50 for a makeup plalet?
no thanks lol
im always on the lookout for a good mascara because i used to spend $20 a tube a sephora but i can’t do that anymore haha
new follower <3
The DayLee Journal