Here is yet another delicious recipe from my pie book. I would love to be able to make every single recipe out of this book. I’m slowly conquering it by doing one recipe a week. If I had more time I might try to pull a Julie and Julia and do one recipe a day. Wow. That would be so crazy.. a good crazy though. I think I’d have to have people come by and pick up dessert every day though. Highest bidder gets the dessert! :)
This weekend I made a delicious Apple Pie! It was gone by the time we left my parents that evening. So I’d say it was a big hit!
- 2 Simply Pie Crusts (Click for Recipe)
- 2 1/2 lb. Pink Lady or Honeycrisp apples. (6-7 apples, peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. chopped crystallized ginger (*I omitted this because I couldn’t find any- still delicious)
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. table salt
- Apple Cider Drizzle, divided (Click for Recipe)
- 1 Tbsp. whipping cream
- Prepare Simply Piecrusts through step 1.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine apples, sugar, flour, ginger, lemon zest, cinnamon, salt, and 1/2 cup Apple Cider Drizzle in a large bowl; toss gently to coat.
- Roll 1 recipe of Simply Piecrust dough into a 13-inch circle on a lightly floured surface; fit into a pie plate (I used a square baking pan) Spoon apple mixture into prepared crust.
- Roll remaining recipe of Simply Piecrust dough into an 11-inch circle on a lightly floured surface; cut piecrust into 1 inch wide strips. Arrange strips in a lattice design over filling; gently press ends of strips, sealing to bottom piecrust. Brush piecrust with cream.
- Place an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet on lower oven rack. Place pie on middle oven rack over the cookie sheet to collect juices. Bake at 400° for 50-55 minutes or until juices are thick and bubbly and crust is golden brown, shielding edges with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning. Remove from oven to a wire rack, and cool completely.
- Microwave remaining 1/2 cup Apple Cider Drizzle in a small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH for 30 seconds or until warm. Spoon over each serving.
We enjoyed ours with fresh whipped cream, I added some vanilla cream stevia and cinnamon to ours!
That pie looks delicious!
Apple pie is my favorite :]
Caitlyn | engimaticambiance.blogspot.com
Oh my goodness that looks AMAZING!!! Yummmmmm
You can come make pies EVERY weekend!
LOVE your pictures…you are doing a great job!
I was just thinking how badly I needed some apple pie in my life!!! YUMMMMERS!
Oh my goodness Bree this looks amazing!! I LOVE your blog :)
Wow Bree that is making my mouth water!!!!! Yummy yummy!
That does look like good pie. Yum!
not only does it look good but it’s very pretty with the crust design! i’m coming over-hope there is some left!! :)