Pst* This chick << Is ready to go back to school! And she needs a study buddy like the oh so studious adorableness in the above picture. :)) Please o please.
So like, I’m finding that I have a lot of things that I am looking forward to or that I want to do in the “future” or get done in “a few months.” And I keep having to get onto myself! Why? Because this whole year I have been trying to focus on the present, on what is here and now. So this “future” stuff is messing me up, and I’ve got to stop it!
Things I’m ready for/looking forward to:
- Fall Semester
- Cooler Scarf Wearing Weather
- Decorating for Fall
- Decorating for Christmas
- 2nd Anniversary
- Footballlllll season
Okay… so maybe that’s not a lot. But #2 on the list has been on my mind a lot recently cuz its so hot.
But, to focus on the here and now I need to remind myself:
- I love this Summer class I’m taking, and I’m going to miss it when its over, so I need to enjoy it.
- I won’t be able to go swimming in a couple weeks, so I need to go do it now while I can, even if I don’t really want to… cuz my sister wants me to. *although- we were going today, but she was barfing all night. My poor baby. :( *
- Graduation will come soon enough, and then I will miss school! So, duh, quit it!
- Fall decorating, uh, why not printing pictures out that I’ve had for months, putting them up, and finish decorating the rest of the house. . . yeah… gotta do that.
- Christmas decorating. See above.
- 2nd Anniversary, yeah its gonna be great, we get to go vacation somewhere, but focus on the here and now! Fun weekends, cuddle times, movie nights, Barnes and Noble trips.
- ….. crud. . . OH WAIT. Preseason starts THURSDAY!!! I’m off the hook on this one. :D Thursday night baby! <33
So what about you? Do you find yourself focusing on things to come rather than what is here and now? If so, I encourage you to remind yourself that you will only live today once. For the rest of your life. Make every moment count, cherish every memory, and live today like its your last. Because really it is. Today, August 7th, 2012, this is the only time you get to live this day. Never again will it return. Make the most of it.