Friday!! Already. Kinda sad. lol. But I’m going to have a great time this weekend! Lots of family time, fun in the sun, down time to read/journal, and hopefully not spend too much money. ;) I can’t wait to show you all how my weekend went, if you want to stay informed be sure and follow me on instagram and twitter! I’ll be posting tons of pictures I’m sure. :D
So, how have you guys been enjoying Fitspiration Friday? I hope you’ve been loving it and learning new stuff all the time! I am wondering… if I turned Fitspiration Friday into a Link-Up would you participate? I would post a new topic for every Friday so you could talk about that topic, or whatever you want in regards to a healthy lifestyle, healthy food, and fitness! It would be a great way for us all to stay motivated because we could read through all the Fitspiration posts and get inspired to do great over the weekend!! What do you think?
Ponder that for a moment, while I talk about some Fit stuff here!
I recently went to Barnes and Noble *shocker- I know* and picked up Bob Harpers book “The Skinny Rules.” No, I haven’t bought it, because I didn’t have the money to spend on it, but if you do, and you want a book that will help give you good healthy guidelines to be the best you can be then I would totally recommend buying it!
If you get scared by the word “RULE” just replace it with the word super awesome tip! Each chapter is dedicated to one
Here are three that I’ve been trying to really focus on since skimming through the book. Although… I need to focus more on all of them.
#1 – Drink a large glass of water before every meal, NO EXCUSES!
- Your REE will go up. (Resting Energy Expenditure)
- Bonus! Boost my metabolism, score!
- Less Muscle Fatigue
- Since I’ve been lifting a ton, I know I need help with this.
- Recuperate Faster
- And this!
- Don’t feel groggy in the afternoon!
- Yes please!
#6- Eat apples & berries every single day!
- Increase Metabolism
- Again- this is always a huge plus, since my metabolism sucks.
- Low in calories & high in fiber
- Translation- its going to fill you up, without taking up a ton of your calories!
- TIP: Berries- frozen is just as good for you as fresh, just as long as there are no added sweeteners.
- This is awesome, because berries can be VERY expensive, as I’m sure you know. Plus they go bad super fast!
#14- Eat Your BREAKFAST!
- SIDE NOTE: Yes- I eat breakfast, but not as much as I probably should. So I’m working on that!
- Good things to eat for breakfast, according to Mr. Bob:
- Stay away from the artificially sweetened bags! They have weight control ones which is MUCH better! Look at the sugar content next time you want to buy sweetened/flavored bags.
- Stick with mostly egg whites. Or do 3 egg whites and one whole egg. Less fat, and still all the good protein for you!
- Greek Yogurt
- My favorite- Oikos with fruit on the bottom, and add protein granola. = 19 grams of protein, and 270 calories. Then I will eat something a couple hours later. Fruit, and some type of nuts.
I hope that didn’t bore you! Again, its only 3 different tips, and little notes I found that work great for me. :)) Take them as you will. I am not in any way a professional, but just a girl trying to make her life healthier!
SO… what do you think about the link up!? Would you like to do it? I would l-o-v-e to read about your fitspiration!
I’m gonna take a leap of faith and hope that a few of you will want to link up! So next week, the topic is:
What motivates you to live a fit and healthy life?
Ready- GO!!!! :D
Happy Weekend!! PS- I’ll be guest posting on Sunday at Zie Darling. Don’t miss it!
I love those rules. I’m loving my new healthy lifestyle. I lost 8.8 pounds in a month and I’m feeling great!!
Thanks for sharing this ;)
Thank you so much for sharing these tips! My unhealthy lifestyle definitely needs this makeover! Have a safe weekend!!
I love the rules. Thanks for sharing. I need this. Summer is like “Eat everything possible” and I need to kick it into gear before I go back to school and have to live like a human being hahaha
Great tips. I hope I remember the link up. I need all of the inspiration I can get.
Have a good weekend!
Definitely need your water and always eating a good breakfast is a must! You starve your body all night. It needs to be replenished!