I have been dreaming up some loaded cookies for a while now. And by loaded, I don’t mean drunk, or armed, but full of yummy goodness. They had to be buttery, chewy, full of flavor, and make you smile. I think I pulled it off with these Oreo confetti party cookies! Sprinkles, confetti, balloons… all the stuff you have at a kids birthday party? That’s my love language. So these cookies are not only delicious, I hope they make you smile as you eat them because they’re bright and colorful.
The best part? I got to go down to Louisiana and make these cookies with my best friend! That’s not why I went to LA, but one of our favorite things to do is cook together. So we made so many cookies, cinnamon squares, homemade biscuits, and sausage gravy… I’m getting my monies worth on these stretchy pants, and my gym membership.
So here’s the recipe for the cookies, and keep scrolling to the bottom for pictures of her 2-year-old enjoying them, if you’re into adorable pictures of kids eating cookies. If not, no worries, just print the recipe and try not to eat all the cookie dough before you put them in the oven.*
*cookie dough recipe does contain raw egg… you’re not supposed to consume this raw, so there’s my disclaimer for when I become famous and someone gets mad at me for this.*
I mean, can you even? Aren’t these cookies so freaking cute?! Use any sprinkles you want. I wanted to stick to the classic rainbow sprinkles for my first time making these. But you can really use any kind you want! I think these dazzle sprinkles would be super cute too.
Before we get to the recipe, here are some of my go-to baking supplies:
- Super sturdy (and cheap!) baking sheets that won’t bend in the oven. Only $11 for 2.
- Wire cooling racks
- The KitchenAid mixer I have, this is a great price for it, under $300
Alright, let’s get to the good stuff!
Oreo Confetti Party Cookies
- 2 sticks Butter (one cup)
- 2 large Eggs
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat your oven to 375º
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature, or put it in microwave safe bowl and microwave until softened. It's okay if it melts a tiny bit, but don't melt it all the way!
- In a large mixing bowl add your butter, eggs, and sugars, mix thoroughly.
- Next add in your salt, baking soda, and vanilla. As you're adding them, sprinkle them all over the bowl so your salt and baking soda don't clump up! Mix well. If you're worried they will, mix them first with your flour, then you'll add all your dry ingredients at once.
- Add flour, and mix until combined, don't overmix at this point.
- Add your sprinkles in! As much as or as little as you like. If you want your sprinkles to stay on the top then only add about 1/4 cup of sprinkles into the mix, then we'll add more on top after you roll them out.
- Chop up your Oreos! Not too much though, I just cut mine into 6 pieces. I used about 12 in mine but add as much or as little as you like. Carefully mix them in so your Oreos don't completely crumble, you want some good chunks.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper if you have it, if not, they'll be okay, I like to do it to help with the mess. DO NOT grease your pan!
- Spoon 12 1.5 inch size balls of cookie dough onto the large baking sheet. If you want the sprinkles on top as I mentioned earlier then lightly dip the top of your cookie dough into sprinkles before you set it on the baking sheet.
- Cook for 9-11 minutes. I like to check it at 9 minutes and then add time in 2-minute increments. You want them to be a light golden color. They'll firm up as they cool.
- Let them set on the baking sheet and cool off for at least 5 minutes before you try to move them or they'll squish up.
- Place on a wire cooling rack, eat one warm and then decide if you're going to share or not.
As you can tell, I had a lot of fun making these, and the best time eating them with these two cuties. You can see more of my friend Chelse over at her blog if you’re interested! She is a mommy blogger and also shares some amazing info on remodeling a house. It’s a gorgeous farmhouse with a cute little pond out front. If you follow me on Instagram then you might have seen quite a few stories while I was visiting and enjoying their front porch swings. #heavenonearth
I hope you guys make and enjoy these cookies! Tag me on social @breepair if you make them, I’d love to see.