This Fitspiration Friday I want to share with you all a new sport that I just L-O-V-E!
Rock Climbing!!! Seriously, sooo much fun. We’ve already been twice and I swear I could go 5x a week. Unfortunately its expensive so we have to space it out.
But really- why not change it up this weekend? Do something fun for your exercise. Don’t just go kill yourself at the gym, go for a bike ride, try rock climbing, go for a hike, swimming, golfing.. there are so many activities to try.
Challenge: Thing OUTSIDE of the Box!
Now… I’m going to share with you my class I am taking. This summer semester I am taking a Weight Lifting class. I don’t really understand why you have to have a PE credit when you’re in college but whatev. It will push me to work harder. Which, honestly I need! So I am really excited for this class.
HOWEVER… went to my first class yesterday. The class is Monday-Thursday for 6 weeks. Yes, we will be working out every day.
Guys. I am going to D-I-E.
Okay… for the final, in 6 weeks, in order for me to make an A, I have to:
- Do approx 35 bench presses of 60lbs
- Lat pulls of 50lbs… unsure how many I have to do yet. Um, HULK women that have taken the class before the prof. said the girl that had done the most ever had done just over 200. HOLY CRAP. Yeah. I’ll be lucky to hit 40. Really lucky. Cuz right now I think I only use 40lbs. Gonna have to step up my game on that one too.
- Arm curls 25lbs.. this one I should be okay. I currently use 20-30lbs, but again not sure how many I’ll have to do. I’ll let ya know.
- Abdominal Crunches- 98 in one minute. WTHeck!? *bangs head on wall*
- 30 min stationary cycle with a 1.5 kilo-lb resistance. I don’t know how hard that’s gonna be, but it doesn’t sound easy. And I have to hit at least 14 km. I should be able to do this. But the teacher was acting like it will kill us. *great*
So yeah. I’m hoping for freakin amazing results at the end of this. And I REALLY want an A! So I am eating extremely good, tons of protein, fruit and veggies. Staying away from carbs. Gonna try to loose at least 8lbs to get my bench press number down. lol!
Oh yeah, and she measured our skin folds and apparently I’m obese?!? ….
Still feeling like a fatty after she told me that. I mean sure, I’m not where I want to be, I’m 5’6’’ and wear a 6-8, and want to get to a 2-4 again. But um.. obese? whattttttttttt??
So I’ve had Cheerios, milk & a banana for breakfast. And low-sodium turkey, red bell pepper, cucumber, and some hummus for lunch. Just had a 90% dark chocolate square for a snack.
I have to kick it into high gear to get an A for this class. But ya know what? Other than the “obese” part.. I’m pretty excited to see what I can do in this class. The obese part … I don’t understand. Maybe someone that knows more about this can help me out? @Jessica & @Leigh-Anne?? Lol! :))
So get out there- work out this weekend! YOU CAN DO IT!